Friday, September 12, 2008

Where's that LIGHT I was talking about earlier?

Somebody please tell me why everyone keeps telling ME, that you can "add a line" to your cell phone for only 5 extra dollars.
I have SO FAR, found this to be absolutely UNTRUE. Unless you're the person with only the 'voice' plan of however many minutes and NO TEXTING, NO PICTURE MESSAGING, etc.
I have to vent now (surprised? Me either)
So I called my phone company and asked them to do this 'add a line' thing and the girl would NOT listen to me. I knew something was wrong and something wouldn't turn out right. I kept asking why the price was so high if everyone's saying, "oh you can add another line for only $5" - okay people... are you NOT paying your ENTIRE phone bill? because this OPTION DOESN'T EXIST! Anyway - I get my bill and it's DOUBLED! Yes, doubled! I immediately called just now and turns out - OF COURSE the girl I talked to previously didn't set me up right. Why would she have?
I told the gal I spoke with today, that when I initially called, the rep neglected to understand what I wanted and kept PUSHING her pitch even ignoring the comment I made about "thinking about it." Kept pressing and pressing and giving me new numbers. And of course, being the give-in that I am sometimes, I just let her blab on and I thought - the bill won't be as harsh as it sounds it's going to be, just wait to see what it is.
Well I've seen and not liked.
And even AFTER correcting it this morning, my mom and I still aren't saving money (a whopping $5. big deal. I can make $5 standing outside selling used kleenex if I wanted to.)
So after all this MESS, there's really no POINT to combining plans. I don't get it? Why would you offer it, if people aren't GAINING anything worth TALKING about?
-
(or perhaps they were aiming at getting people to VENT?)
Well done instigators, well done.

5 comments:

Jolene said...

you sure you don't want to take this opportunity to trash your phone company a little more and tell us who we should avoid??

cell phone plans are a pain. period. sorry you had such a mess to try and get straightened out. yuck.

Jolene said...

p.s. nice vent. that's funny!

Anonymous said...

Verizon sucks, period! LOL!

SteelerWife said...

This is the only thing I've had go wrong with Verizon. Otherwise, they've been awesome! So take it back JACK!
Bean: Jackie's a little BIASED because she works for another phone company. phooey!

Jolene said...

Jack - don't you think you should take advantage of this opportunity and advertease your awesome customer service... :)