Back in my 'younger' days, Fridays were always a little more tough to get through because of what would happen on Thursday night.
Thursday is the day of our bowling league. Back in the day: We'd not only bowl (and have beer), but we'd go over to the bar side and stay for some karaoke (and more beer). Singing or no singing, we always had a great time - and still do. We used to leave at the 'wee' hours of the night, drive home with the windows down to air out our ashtray-smelling clothes/hair, shower at 1am and finally get to bed with a slight headache.
*sigh*
Those were the days...
Not that they're much different now - but a few things have changed like the smoking ban, which has been L.O.V.E.L.Y. to experience ... and I have to admit that we're all a little more responsible now on what to drink, and what NOT to drink. And perhaps I speak for myself when I say this but hangovers from 2 or 3 beers - just AIN'T worth it anymore.
With that said - tomorrow...I turn 30. Yes. I said it.
t-h-i-r-t-y
And that's ok. I've accepted it. I'm still cute ( I think ). And I only have about 15 gray hairs on my head that were RECENTLY covered by beautiful highlights that have now become a part of my budget.
So I think I'm doin' ok....
However...
I'm beginning to understand the comments I used to receive from ladies at work, about how did I EVER go out on Thursday nights, drink, bowl, party it up, get home at 1:30 sometimes 2am, and STILL make it to work on time at 7am and not feel like poo.
It's clear to me now that quite frankly.......... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DID IT.
Because even as I sit here, after getting home at 1am last night, only having 2 beers all night, that somehow I SWEAR I smell like an ashtray and my eyes are on fire.
*
How on EARTH did I survive just a few years ago?
*
Moral of the Story: If you're reading this and you're 'younger,' - - watch out for 28. It flips on like a switch and all of a sudden..... you can't even stay up past 10:30 on a Friday night and you believe getting to bed at 9, is a GIFT and you loooooooong for that gift.
*
(I promise I'm turning 30........not 80.)
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
lyss, you are a superior being. i reached this threshhold at about 22 years old. you rocked it, sista!
and HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!!! how exciting! hope you have fun plans to remind you that it's all about living. :)
Happy Birthday tomorrow!! I'm bummed I couldn't make it out last night to witness the rare after-bowl. (like an after-party) :) Don't worry, no pressure on Saturday. Looking forward to the festivities!
a-men!
and happy almost birthday!
UGH I totally got depressed reading this, I don't want to grow up!
Post a Comment