Friday, January 9, 2009

The forgotten cheese

I had to share this with all of you because it just baffles my MIND on why this keeps happening.
I pack my lunch almost every day and just toss separate containers into my big work bag.
-bags of chips
-sandwich (bagged of course)
-fruit cup
-little container of cottage cheese or something
Stuff like that.
*
But it never fails that every time I bring string cheese to work. I NEVER remember to put it in the fridge - It's hilarious! Every SINGLE time I forget it. I did this a few times last week and then I just finally brought some more today and when I thought, 'gee, I could use a snack' - it hit me. 'I bet I didn't put those string cheeses in the fridge with my sandwich!'
Sure 'nuff... I reach into my bag and there they are!
LOL!
I just don't know what it takes to remember to put this stuff in the FRIDGE!
Hmm.... I wonder what this means for later on in life. If I can't remember to put cheese in the fridge at 29, am I going to remember to get dressed in the morning when I'm 40?
*
p.s. I don't recommend eating string cheese 'room temperature'
p.p.s. Nor do I recommend imagining yourself forgetting to get dressed in the morning.

3 comments:

angie said...

here's something sick: i prefer my string cheese to be warm. i think this probably stems from snack time in kindergarten.

Jolene said...

warm string cheese is disgusting - for exactly the same reason that angie mentioned. we would get it for our lunches but there was no way to keep it cold. sorry - but the thought of it even still gags me a little. maybe you should try taping it to something else that goes in the fridge ;)

Unknown said...

All I have to say is that naked string cheese time in the morning is really fun...Hehe!!