Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th

I don't have any pics loaded up yet (no shock, I know), but I did want to blog about the chaos of the weekend. It wouldn't be normal if I didn't.
Friday night was nice - - ran over to my friend Kelli's place to celebrate my friend's hubby's birthday with some grilled food, ice cream blizzard cake, bonfire and good laughs!
Saturday morning hubby and I got up early to go to the Forest Lake parade. We've never been to it so thought we'd check it out with Kate-O and her hubby, along with their girls. It was fun! Long parade too - the weather held off as well. Rained on the way back to the car but that's about it. Took the girls back to our place while Kate-O and hubby ran back to their house for a few items. The girls had fun playing with the kitties. (Kiles, the older of the girls, is the reason we have the cats. They were born in a barn where Kiles used to board her horse. So it's fun for her and her sister to see how much they've grown.)
After preparing the fruit, hubby and I packed up the girls and we headed to the next destination - our friend's mom's place which is on Forest lake.
It was awesome! Fun in the sun, good food, good drinks, plenty of laughs and the weather was perfect! I took a lot of pics so I hope to post some. (key word - hope)
Kelli did a great job organizing everything and making all the cute decorations and center pieces for the tables. Everything was perfect :)
We later enjoyed some fireworks and then some more fireworks and then some more fireworks. I don't think I've ever seen so many on one lake! Then we devoured some S'Mores.. oh wait - that was ME that devoured them. ha!
We left around 11:30ish to rest up. We were BEAT!
Slept in Sunday morning and then headed down to my mom's for a BBQ, at which time, I took more pics of my cute nieces!
It was a great weekend. We ate good! However I think I'm done with brats and hotdogs and hamburgers for a while. Think we'll make tacos this week or go back to eating cereal for dinner.
And then we ended the night last night, with bringing my car to the shop...
And now this week, the saga continues.
Hopefully the repairs aren't too drastic - my car sounded PRETTY pathetic driving up there.
*
Hold on Gwendolyn!!!! You'll be fixed before you know it!
(that name was jokingly given to my car when I first drove it home... I guess it stuck.)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You better post pics girl! I'm bummed we couldn't make it. It sounds like you guys had a great time.