Friday, July 3, 2009

Freaky Friday

Today.
Today has been a day that should definitely be set aside for a redo.
Is that an option, God? Hello? It's me... Margaret.
My day started at 1am. (might as well have) Was out late with some gal pals.
- - Backtracking - -
Last Friday, I was driving down 94 and ran over a tire. Not parts of a tire. But A tire. A BIG tire. I had no time to swerve and even if I would have, I would've caused an accident because I had cars on either side of me. So I hit the tire dead-center and prayed. Car was amazingly still intact once going over it. However today, my car is loud. It squeaks. It squeals. It cries and aches and moans. It has been deemed, a P.O.C. (piece of crap) and I'm beginning to wonder if my car's a Transformer. Sure sounds like it's trying to turn into something......
I better keep my eyes peeled for the Decepticons.
So anyway - driving home last night, I'm convinced my car is about to break in half.
I get home safely, get ready for bed but can't find shorts to wear.
(People... if I'm tired, know I have to get up in 4 hours and ONE THING goes wrong.. I'm a goner.)
And with that being said, the 'goner' moment came. I was sifting through my messy room and couldn't find anything. I was irate. Finally dug out an old pair of shorts and figured they'd HAVE to do. Crawled into bed. I tell hubby, "My car's dying. It sounds like crap. It's a PO(S) - and it's terrible. It's getting louder. I don't want to drive it. You should just take my car tomorrow." Aren't I a nice wife? No hello. No thank you for telling me I could turn on the light as I trashed the bedroom looking for shorts. He says just says, "ok."
I wake up this morning (4 hours later). Getting ready, things were fine. I'm about to leave and I see his keys. I thought, "holy crap, he really DID take my car!" (I was kind of being facetious when I told him to take it)
Which then sparked the next thought - I don't have my parking pass... I don't have my work key... what else did I need!?" I'm Miss Crab Pants at this moment leaving the house. I pull out of the garage, press the garage door opener. It doesn't work. Of course it doesn't. Why would it? I get out of the car. Shut the garage door. Walk around through the house. Come out the front. Get back in the car. Sweating.
I think, Ok, now that I don't have my parking pass, I have to park in the ramp ($12 a day). Great. So I get downtown and drive towards my lot. COMPLETELY forgot, no, you can't park there, you must go to the ramp. I'm late as it is and now I have created my own diversion.
I park in the ramp. Walk to my building while going through door codes in my head because I don't have a key. Luckily, I got it right. Got in. Clocked in with 2 minutes to spare. Get ready to make some coffee. Take the coffee canister into the bathroom to get water. I wash it out. Dry it. Head back out.
(pause)
Didn't I JUST go in there to FILL IT? Of course I did. I forgot. Walked back into the bathroom, filled up the canister.
I don't have creamer. I have to use milk. (blech)
I decide I don't have enough milk in my coffee, it's kinda strong. Get up, walk over to the coffee maker which is next to the fridge and I pour more coffee in.
(pause)
Again, I just got up to get more milk right - But instead, I poured more coffee.
At this point, I'm afraid of what else the day is going to bring.
On the positive side of things: It's Friday and my eyes are burning like the fireworks I'll witness later. How appropriate.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hope your weekend made of for the crappy friday!

SteelerWife said...

Oh it did! I had a fabulous weekend! However my car is currently in the shop and I'm scared of what the damage may be! YIKES!