Friday, January 15, 2010

Splash one day, nothing the next!

This morning I decided that from now on, when I have an idea that I should do something, I should just do it, instead of waiting.
I guess this would tie into my personality of procrastination.
Last night as I was getting ready for bed I thought, 'I should take a shower.'
I used to take showers at night all the time, but lately I've been taking them in the morning. But as a result of my laziness last night, decided to wait.
That is...I passed up the opportunity of water. We had NO water this morning.
Turned on the shower faucet. Hmmm... Nothing. Turned on the sink faucet.... Nothing.
At first I freaked and thought, "crap! did I not pay the water bill ?" No that cant be it, I'm always really good at paying bills on time. Then I thought 'maybe it's froze?' Well, it's been in the 30's - how in the world would it freeze?
Turns out - a water main broke and they were currently working on the problem.
So...
Looks like I'll be showering at the gym.
(I feel like Jovie on Elf when she had to shower at the mall because they shut off her water. Perhaps I should try singing, "Baby It's Cold Outside" like she did. Wonder if anyone will accompany me ?)

2 comments:

Jolene said...

i love that part! (on elf.) not having water totally sucks! you have my empathy. if i had that problem AND had to work, i'd be a wreck.

angie said...

that'll teach ya.