Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wife drowns by splashing

So most of you know by now that I .......... am with child. LOL!
If you don't know... and........ you're just hearing this news now......
S U R P R I S E !
I plan on starting a baby blog. Key word in this sentence... "plan."
I wanted to write this post because like my friend Kristi always says, "I do dumb things because I'm pregnant! It's my only excuse!" (she's pregnant too) - I feel like I should contribute my brainless moments because not only is baby sucking up all my good stuff (my nails are pretty much crying because of it), but it's sucking up all my smarts! And yes, believe it or not, I had some.
Flash back to this morning:
I'm getting ready to wash my face and as I fill my hands up with water to rinse off my facewash, I bring my hands up to my face and instead of blowing OUT when I do this,
I take a BIG ol' sniff IN.
Yes folks. I've forgotten how this works.
And quickly realized it's been years since I've had water up my nose and it's not because I used to sniff water daily, but the last time this happened was when I was swimming in a pool.. years ago!
*
So a note to all you future mothers: We are NOT fish and can NOT breathe through water.
(I know right? It should be another super human trick of the pregnant nose. Good grief)

5 comments:

Jack said...

And this is just the beginning! Just wait, it gets even better! Ha!

angie said...

SO EXCITED!!!! congratulations to you and jeff! YAY! enjoy it all. :)

Jolene said...

LOL!! Nice. This should make for some pretty hysterical fodder :)

Crystal said...

Preggo episodes make for some good entertainment. Hopefully your nose/throat didn't burn too much. Looking forward to hearin more of your preggo escapades!

Kelli said...

my baby blog made it to 13 weeks - and I'm at 22. HA! I plan to start it again and catch up...so don't beat yourself up to much if you get behind a little. If you have AM illness...trust me...it's VERY OK to slack! :)