Monday, March 15, 2010

How to jump start your Monday

Hit "off" on the alarm, rather than "snooze."
*
For whatever reason, ever since hubby and I bought a new alarm clock, I tend to hit OFF instead of SNOOZE.
It's days like today that I thank God for my light sleeping habits after the first alarm goes off.
This morning I THOUGHT I had hit snooze, but... nope. Didn't.
So I woke up the first time about 3 minutes into my "snooze" and thought - oh good - 6 minutes left! That was at 5:22
Woke up the next time at 6:15.
I leave the HOUSE by 6:20/6:25.
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I hit the darn OFF button again!
Poor hubby had a rude awakening to me flailing out of bed at the speed of light and whippin' the covers over him, swinging the closet door open at warp speed to get my clothes (good thing I had planned out my outfit last night!).
Ran out of the room, shut the door, threw my hair up in a messy ponytail, got dressed, grabbed my makeup to do at work, ran down the stairs, fed the cats their treats, threw miscellaneous food in my backpack for lunch and snacks and then out the door I went! (even made time to take out the trash)
I was in the car by 6:27!
Not too shabby!
However I LOOKED shabby - eek!
Did makeup and hair when I got to work... it's a good thing I'm one of the first ones here in the morning.
But holy cow - yeah - if you wanna be sure you're WIDE AWAKE in the morning.... only give yourself 10 minutes to get ready for work (if you're used to having more time)
That'll teach ya!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

LOL!!! I had the exact same morning! I would have been ok on time if not for a back up at County Rd J.

I turned my alarm off because last night when I reset the time I also accidentally turned the volume way up. So when it went off this AM I hit off instead of snooze just to shut it up.

SteelerWife said...

HA! Oh my, yes Kel, that's another way to jump start the morning. I've done that before too and it just about puts me into a heart attack!

Jack said...

LOL! I was cracking up while reading this b/c I was picturing you flying around your house trying to get ready! LOL! Too Funny!

angie said...

HA! i would have just blamed daylight saving time and been a good hour late. :)

Crystal said...

I would blame it on DST too. I DID NOT want to get out of bed this morning. We have 2 alarms, otherwise I am sure this would happen all the time at our house. Some days I wake up wondering if my alarm even went off because I do not remember pushing snooze 5 times!

Jolene said...

there is hardly a worse way to start a monday. sorry dear. i hope your tuesday is lots better!

maybe you should put a tiny thumbtack on the off button - so you have to be awake enough to look at the clock to turn it off and not get poked? lol!

yeah. i'm a dork. don't do that. being late and having a bloody thumb might be a worse way to start a monday :)